Eli had to be re-circumsized yesterday morning...Aaron, Eli, and I headed to Denver Sunday afternoon and Trinity stayed the night with Aunt Shelly and Uncle Tracy. We went to the new Children's Hospital in Aurora- which is an amazing, kid-centered place! Eli went in to surgery around 9:40 and he woke up about an hour later in recovery...he whimpered a few times until Aaron and I could hold him and then he snuggled up tight in my arms with his stuffed doggy and doggy lovey- he made a very cute picture! He was pretty skeptical all day of any staff who came near him- and he did not like the anastesia mask...but he was a trooper...took a short nap late in the morning and then was wired the rest of the day talking and jabbering and giggling! When he potties in his diaper he gets a pained expression, whimpers a little, and wants to be held....then he's off again! We know we had many family and friends praying for us and I could feel their prayers- I was calm and only teared up and couple of times (days before I would start crying just thinking about Eli going into surgery!)...but I was filled with peace...and Eli couldn't have done better...the nurses wanted to keep him there! And all was because of prayers! Thank you, Lord for your love and compassion!
The Children's Hospital was wonderful...it was a routine surgery, but they treated us and Eli as if was a major surgery- everyone was extremely kind, answering any and all questions- most before we even had to ask...it was evident that everyone from the check-in workers, nurses, and every doctor was there for one reason...for the love of children.
Side note on Trinity...when we got back to Shelly's to pick her up she saw us, covered her mouth in excitement/surprise and then started crying and hiding behind her Aunt Shelly's legs because she didn't want to leave! She finally did come with us...after we told her we bought her a surprise and it was at home...when she opened it she immediately called Uncle Tracy to tell him what it was! (new dress pj's!) He then indulged her and came to see them- what a highlight for our big girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment