Sunday, August 30, 2009

Our sweet angels...

When Trinity takes a nap, we usually play for a little bit, read a book or two, and then she lays down by herself. Today when I left her room I went downstairs to scrapbook a little- through the monitor I could still hear her playing in her room- "no big deal" I thought, "she'll settle down soon"...and I was right, before long I could hear her even breathing letting me know she had drifted off to sleep. When she woke up she came into the kitchen and I was greeted by a painted up face..."What have you been coloring on?" "My butterfly wings." "What else?" "I colored on my chin!" comes the giggling reply...ahhh, the joys of a two-year old! She keeps life interesting! Trinity & I of course talked about how you only color on paper (all the while I'm giggling inside myself!)...she knew what she had done wasn't right- she didn't want me to take her picture, but I finally coaxed her to...she does bring smiles to our faces!

While his big sister was coloring on butterfly wings and her face, Eli was sleeping sweetly and then was ready for a snack of graham crackers...hopefully his sister won't teach him her tricks!!

All dressed up and ready for church!

Elijah Ray- 11 months old- yes, I know, hard for me to believe, too, but it's true- our handsome boy will soon be a year old! His sweet face, big, blue eyes, adorable smile- it just makes me want to hug and kiss him all of the time! How God has blessed our lives!





No comments: