As a teacher, there are times when you shake your head and wonder if you're making a difference at all, times when your heartbreaks for students, times of joy when a student has worked hard and finally understands a concept, and times when you just laugh out loud- today held that kind of moment.
We were eating lunch (at the school I work at we eat lunch with our students) and I mentioned to one of my students that I put a coffee mug on her desk that someone had left in my box- it was her dad's. The rest of the conversation went like this:
Student: I like it when my parents find their coffee cups.
Me: You do, huh?
S: Yes, because they get crabby when they don't have their coffee.
M: (Smiling)
S: Not so much my dad- he's okay if he doesn't have his, but my mom- she HAS to have her cup of coffee or watch out!
M: (Laughing out loud!)
You find out so many things about parents from the mouths of their babes! What made this even funnier to me is that I know this family very well and the mom would probably be blushing if she had heard her daughter!!
Oh, the joys of teaching!
Monday, August 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment